What We Do
Working to Save Lives
The aim of the Road Safety Authority is to save lives and prevent injuries by reducing the number and severity of collisions on the road. This is reflected in our maxim: Working to Save Lives.
Providing a safe environment for all road users and promoting the efficient use of our road network are our twin aims.
The RSA works to improve road safety in Ireland by:
- Developing and implementing information and education campaigns to increase awareness of road safety and promote safer driving
- Improving vehicle standards
- Establishing and monitoring a standard for driver instruction
- Overseeing the system of driver licensing and undertaking certain enforcement activities
- Working with stakeholders to ensure a co-ordinated response and ensure our collective resources are used wisely and efficiently
- Undertaking accident and road safety research in order to develop measures and recommendations to improve road safety
- Advising the Minister for Transport on road safety policy
- Producing road safety strategy documents and monitoring their implementation